Register today: www.nten.org/ntc/precon/drupal
Do you manage a website built in Drupal? Are you an Drupal power-user? Are you a software developer serving the nonprofit community? Are you an nonprofit IT decision-maker evaluating Drupal as a content management system?
If any of these categories apply to you, and you’re headed to this year’s Nonprofit Technology Conference, please consider joining us for the annual NTC Drupal Day for Nonprofit IT Professionals.
The content of this full-day event will be geared toward IT decision-makers who either currently manage, or are considering, the Drupal content management system. With this focus, this event will be applicable to Drupal professional service providers specializing in the nonprofit sector, in-house nonprofit software developers, Drupal power-users, and executive nonprofit staff responsible for managing website and web application procurement and maintenance.
This event is not a training on “How to build a website with Drupal.” This event is not a Drupal vendor or product spotlight. Rather, this is a hands-on opportunity for Drupal users in the NTEN community to:
- Increase dialog within the national community of Drupal professionals and IT decision-makers serving the nonprofit sector;
- Make connections between nonprofit IT professionals interested in different technical and process conversations that are active in the wider Drupal community;
- Expose the nonprofit IT community to the latest techniques, tools, and trends in Drupal development and site management; and,
- As one of the opening events at the NTC, start the conference off right!!!
As mentioned above, participation in this event is free, but registration is limited to 150 participants. We expect that interest in the event will be larger than that and that some folks won’t be able to attend, so if you want to come, please sign up asap. Also, if you do register for this event, we ask that you take this commitment seriously and plan to join us for the duration of the program.
- 8:30am - 9:00am: Registration & Check-in
- 9:00am - 9:20am: Getting Started in Drupal, Johanna Bates, DevCollaborative
- 9:25am - 9:45am: Hit the Ground Running: Leveraging Drupal for a Rapid Debut, Kira Marchenese, Environmental Defense Fund
- 9:45am- 10:00am: Coffee Break
- 10:00am - 10:20am: Website Balancing Acts and the Harbinger of Change, Tony Kopetchny, Pew Charitable Trusts
- 10:25am-10:40am: WETA.org Relaunching in Drupal, Jess Snyder, WETA
- 10:45am - 11:00am: Coffee Break
- 11:05am - 11:35am: Digital Strategy and Marketing with Drupal, Porter Mason, UNICEF and Milo Sybrant, International Rescue Committee
- 11:35am - 1:00pm: Lunch Off Site
- 1:00pm-2:00pm: Breakout Sessions and Trainings
- Jumpstarting a Nonprofit Website with a Drupal Distribution
- Fundraising in Drupal: Cheaper, Better, Faster, Smarter
- Succeeding with Fixed Budgets
- The Accessible Experience: Designing for Everybody
- 2:00pm-3:00pm: Breakout Sessions and Trainings
- SEO Optimization with Drupal 6 & 7
- Early Investment, Better Website: 8 steps you should take before rebuilding your website
- Open Source CRM Strategies for Nonprofits
- Rapid Prototyping
- 3:00pm-4:00pm: Breakout Sessions and Trainings
- Optimize Your Drupal Site with Google Analytics & Schema.org
- Best Practices for Implementing Sustainable Code
- Structuring Your Content in Drupal
- DC.gov goes Drupal: Citizen Centric, Efficient, Expanded Access
- 4:00pm: Happy Hour at Harry's Pub
Sponsoring and Speaking at Drupal Day
Think Shout is the main Drupal Day sponsor, and the manager of Drupal Day content and any co-sponsors. To learn more, contact Betsy Ensley at Think Shout at email@example.com
. Drupal Day is also sponsored by Aten Design, DesignHammer, Forum One, Gorton Studios, and Promet Source.